Thursday, July 4, 2013

HOW TO STYLE BEACHY WAVES

There is nothing more sad than spending an hour curling your hair, only for all the curls to fall out thirty minutes later! I had this predicament for years until I finally switched to curling my hair with a flat iron. It was the best hair decision I ever made! When I used a curling iron, no matter how much product I used, it would always fall out by the end of the night. But since I've started to use a straightener it holds throughout the night with little or no product and it only takes me about five minutes to style! I couldn't keep this secret all to myself, so I thought I'd share!
2
I used a one inch GVP flat iron and heat protection spray to make sure I didn't damage my hair.  Here's how I style "beachy waves" with my flat iron in 5 minutes...1. Part your hair into three sections. If you have thicker hair or lots of layers, part it into four or five sections. 2. Begin curling each section at a time. To do so, start at the highest point you want curled (I started about five inches from the bottom) clasp it to your hair and curl your hand outwards as if you're turning a door knob. Once you've turned your hand as far as possible, release. 3. Then, return the straightener at the end of where you just released and repeat the process. 4. Curl each section into one large curl so that you end up having 3-5 curls all together. 5. Next, gently run your fingers through your hair, separating the curls. 6. All done! This hair-do is perfect for any occasion and took less than five minutes. Hooray! 
3Here's another variation- mermaid curls! 1. Begin curling your hair, one thin section at a time. You'll want each piece to be thin and wide to create more volume. 2. For the top sections of your head you'll want to begin curling at the root. Do this by clasping the straightener to your hair and curl your hand outwards as if you're turning a door knob. Once you've turned your hand as far as possible, release. 3. Then, return the straightener at the end of where you just released and repeat the process until you've reached the end of the strand. 4. Continue this process until you've curled the top half of your head. 5. Tip: Want to make your hair look longer? Instead of curling the longest layer underneath from to root to end, only curl the last four inches. The uncurled section of the strand will be hidden by the top curls and with less curl it will make those long strands peek out the bottom and won't take away your length! It also prevents it from having too much volume in the middle section of your hair which can make the top look flat. 6. All done!
4And most importantly, don't get discouraged! It takes a few trys to get the hang of it

No comments:

Post a Comment