Tuesday, July 9, 2013

HEX NUT DIAMOND BRACELET


Hex Nut Bracelet Diy
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE YOUR DIY HEX NUT DIAMOND BRACELET:
  1. Brass hex nuts
  2. Brass jump rings
  3. Pliers
  4. 24” of rat tail cord
  5. Lighter
Step 1
Lay out your hex nuts to determine your pattern.
Step 2
Using your pliers, open your jump rings to fit around your hex nuts, you will be joining 2 at a time.
Continue until you have joined all your hex nuts together and completed your pattern.
Step 3
• Cut your rat tail cord in half.
• Fold it over and loop it through your end nut.
• Take one hex nut and feed your cords from each side through the hex nut.
• Tie your ends in knots.
• Using your lighter, carefully melt the ends of your cord. You don’t have to touch the cord with the flame and it melts very quickly. Please be careful.
I have to tell you that I was inspired to make this bracelet while I was watching an episode of the Real Housewives of Orange County, when I was at the gym. Inspiration can come from any where, right? Lol…
I actually set out to make earrings with this project. But when they were finished, even though they were cute, they were way too heavy! My ear looked like it was being pulled off! So I made an executive decision and turned them into a bracelet, which I think looks even better.
Let me know how your bracelet turns out, or would your wear them as earrings?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment